Rug Cleaning Process
Old World Craftsmanship Combined with New Technology
Our five-step process employs the simple elements of air and water to deliver an extremely thorough, yet gentle cleaning. Though more time consuming, cleaning rugs by hand ensures that no stain is overlooked and a rug’s delicate construction isn’t placed under undue stress. This approach produces the most thorough cleaning for your treasured investment.
- Pre-Inspection: We inspect your rug thoroughly on both the front and back sides. We also test the dyes of your rug for colorfastness.
- Dust Removal: A wool rug can hold POUNDS of soil in its fibers. We use a variety of techniques to “dust” your rug. Gently beating the rug from the backside with specialized machines allows soils to drift downward and out of the rug.
- Submersion Bath: Rugs have been woven for thousands of years and have been washed for thousands as well. Your rug is washed using mild rug shampoos and cool water. We do not use hot water, harsh detergents or high heat.
- Drying: All of our rugs are laid out flat to dry. Air movers are used to help facilitate drying, and dehumidifiers help control the drying environment.
- Grooming: Finally, we detail the fringe and give your rug a final inspection. Then it’s rolled, wrapped in brown paper and ready for delivery.